BCA Membership – How to Join
Student membership is automatic and free of charge for anyone embarking on any of the courses listed here, and lasts for the duration of the course.
- Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy (MSc / Graduate Diploma)
- Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents (MSc / Graduate Dip.)
- Psychodynamic Counselling (MSc / Graduate Diploma)
- Psychodynamic Counselling with Children and Adolescents (MSc / Graduate Diploma)
- Psychodynamic Counselling and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Foundation Degree)[/column]
- Psychodynamic Counselling and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (BSc)
- Post-graduate diploma in Student Counselling
- Post-graduate diploma in Adult Counselling
- Post-graduate diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
Full membership is offered on successful completion of any relevant Birkbeck course and the membership fee is payable at that point. Student membership entitles you to all the same benefits of Full membership except voting rights. Students on the courses listed under ‘Full Membership’ are also entitled to become Full Members, with full voting rights, on payment of the membership fee, which is currently £30 per year if paid by standing order (£35 for a single year using alternative payment methods)
, whilst they are students on the course.
See more Membership benefits
Some Common Questions..
A. No, once you complete the course you are no longer a member and need to join as a full member. If you are waiting on the results of the MSc you can join as you have completed the diploma level. You do not need to wait for the results to join.
A. The MSc does not need to be completed to become a full member. The minimum level that must be completed before joining the BCA is any Diploma course. We encourage all students who have reached this level to join the BCA.
A. No, these benefits are only open to members. Please join to receive these benefits.
A. No, student membership is only available to students on certain relevant courses, as listed above.
Full Membership is open to those who have successfully completed a relevant Birkbeck course as listed above, together with the staff and former staff of such courses, and staff and former staff of the Birkbeck counselling certificate courses, upon payment of an annual subscription, which is currently £30 per year if paid by standing order (£35 for a single year using alternative payment methods). Students currently studying on on any of the courses listed above may also become full members by paying the annual subscription. As a full member you will receive all the benefits and have full voting rights on election of executive committee members and constitutional matters.
Honorary membership is free for a lifetime and is awarded to people who have made a special contribution to the work of the association.