BCA membership is more than the sum of its parts – it is more than the talks, the conferences, the forum meetings and thought-provoking discussions (which are all pretty incredible in themselves); it is, at its heart, a place that welcomes and celebrates the many voices, viewpoints, visions and variations that constitute the ‘dynamic’ aspect of Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy today.
The BCA is a vibrant and ever growing association that enables those with a shared experience of the Birkbeck training to stay connected and to forge new and stimulating professional relationships in the wider counselling and psychotherapy community.
The BCA has been a great support to my training and practice, through the excellent workshops and also the chance to meet other professionals and learn from their experiences.
BCA offers an opportunity for further learning through the forums and the conferences. It is also a very valuable platform to exchange ideas and personal work experiences.
Give us your feedback!
Student membership is free: as a student on the MSc or Foundation Degree you are automatically a member. Benefits include:
* A range of free monthly forums
* Regular meetings and low cost conferences for CPD
* Possibility for BPC registration as a psychodynamic counsellor
* Reduced subscription to the Psychodynamic Practice Journal
* Opportunities to meet current and former Birkbeck students for social and professional purposes
Join the committee, get involved, have your say…
If you’re interested contact our current Student Liaison Officer
As students on one of the MSc courses you are eligible to join the British Psychoanalytic Council as a student member. Benefits include:
* Regular emails about upcoming events
* New Associations magazine
* Possibility for BPC registration as a psychodynamic counsellor when you graduate.