Date(s) - Saturday, February 24th, 2024
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Are you thinking of setting up in private practice and want to know what it really involves?
- Are you already working in private practice but struggling or wanting tips for how to do it more effectively?
This session will ensure reflective space and opportunity to think about the challenges private practice presents so you can decide whether it’s right for you and, if it is, how experienced practitioners manage their practices profitably and effectively.
- Private Practice – the pros and cons; what works, what doesn’t and what you don’t learn in your training.
- Finding clients and putting yourself across – which directories to choose, how best to do a website.
- Money – factors to take into account to calculate whether you’ll make a profit; actual overheads and what they involve.
- Tricky issues – what to do if clients don’t pay; how to handle clients you don’t wish to take on; holding the frame around missed sessions and unplanned breaks.
- What can cause isolation and
- Crucial importance of supervision and other forms of support and where to find
Wendy Bristow trained at WPF Therapy and has worked in private practice in Central London and then Angel for the past nine years. She has also taught at WPF and Birkbeck. Her background is in the media – she first worked as a magazine writer and editor, then as an executive coach at the BBC, Conde Nast, all the major magazine houses and some newspapers. She therefore has some 30 years’ experience of being self-employed.
For further information and special dietary requirements, please e-mail: email@example.com
£30 BCA Member
£35 Non BCA Member
£15 BCA student member & other student member
Light refreshments with Vegan/Vegetarian options will be provided
Terms & Conditions:
- Continuing Professional Development Certificates will be issued on request.
- BCA student members and Non-BCA students, please give details of course/year of study.
- If you have a query or require further information, please contact BCA Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are now able to accept payments via our website using PayPal. This is a simple way to pay online and will cost you nothing to use. If you experience difficulty then please pay into BCA account: Co-operative bank account: s/c 08-92-99 Account: 65339800 00 with reference PP24 (and your initial/surname) e.g. PP24SBirkbeck (if named Sue Birkbeck)
We look forward to welcoming you at this BCA event
Bookings are closed for this event.