Date(s) - Saturday, May 10th, 2014
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Private Practice Workshop
with Brett Morris
Making the transition either from training, or agency and institutional work, into private practice can seem daunting to begin with. This one day workshop aims to de-mystify the process, and to provide participants with some practical tools to make the transition.
Topics covered will include:
– Finding a suitable location and premises for your practice
– Obtaining client referrals
– Transferring agency clients into private practice
– Establishing a viable fee for your clinical work
– Marketing your practice, including print media and the Internet
– Organising professional supervision
– Managing clinical risk, and obtaining psychiatric consultancy
– Deciding suitable registration and professional membership options
– Self-employment, taxation and other financial matters
– Professional indemnity insurance options
– Building and developing your practice once it is established
The day will give participants ample opportunity to find out about the above areas, and explore other issues that are related to the establishment of a successful private practice. There will be time for questions and discussion, and written handouts will be provided to all participants.
Brett Morris trained as a psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist at WPF Therapy. He has provided therapy in agency settings, the NHS and for Employee Assistance Programmes. He is currently in full-time private practice in London.